Friday, October 1, 2010

Copy Cat

Although I really try, sometimes my "potty words" get the best of me and something slips. And almost always one of my kids is there to hear it and then despite all my efforts they end up repeating it at the worst possible moment. Well last week I was getting ready to sit down at the computer and do some homework when I realized that the power in the office wasn't working. Hmmmm. So after about 30 minutes of trying to figure out what was wrong I called an electrician to come look at it and decided to move the computer (desk and all) into my bedroom and while I'm doing this of course I smash my toe. Immediately all sorts of profanity comes spewing out of my mouth and start hopping around and cursing anything that happens to be in the way at that moment. Little did I know that miss Halli was in the other room and heard it all. So fast forward to Sunday and we are sitting in church. Halli is next to me coloring on a piece of paper when she drops her crayon and it rolls onto the floor. She hops down and climbs under the bench to retrieve it and on her way back up she smacks her head and guess what comes out of her mouth? Not just one potty word but a big old train of 'em. At least people found the humor in it right? So now that she has picked up a few new vocabulary words she wants to know why they are dirty words and what they all mean. This will be fun.....................