Friday, October 1, 2010

Bronco Nation





I have never in my life seen so many people so devout to a football team! It is crazy. When we moved to Boise we were already BSU football fans but I had no idea how seriously people take it around here. Let me just tell you on the first home game day of the season the ENTIRE town is blue and orange. Poor Tayson was the only kid in school who was not in his BSU gear last year. Fans deck out their houses, cars, dogs, babies,hair, nails, lawn mowers and anything within a 10 mile radius in the festive colors of blue and orange. (seriously) And on game day if you are not found in your Boise State T-shirt you better just stay inside! These people are religiously loyal, like the girl on campus who gave me a disgusted look as I got out of my car (which proudly displays a BYU logo) on my way to class.
I have to say that deep down I think my blood will always be cougar blue but over the last year and a half I think I've "caught the fever." It's totally contagious! It all started when I enrolled for fall semester at the one and only Boise State University. I had to repeatedly convince my dad that I would not allow myself to be brainwashed by these crazy bronco's ( he's a cougar fan).
Well it doesn't take much for that football team to win your heart. So I decided it was time to come clean and confess........... Deep breath............... ok here we go......... I AM OFFICIALLY A CRAZY BOISE STATE FOOTBALL FAN! There I said it. (sorry dad)
So on game days you will find me in my BSU T-shirt, blue hair, orange toe nails, and decked out lawn mower cheering on the best football team in the COUNTRY!!!!!
GOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!