Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day!

Every year on Mothers Day weekend the Rose ladies get together for a "retreat". And we always have a blast! This year was no different of course. Nick put me on a plane at 6 in the morning and 60 minutes later I was hugging my Mom in Salt Lake City. (much better than the 5 hour drive in a car right?) Much gratitude for modern transportation.
Anyways- I hung out with Mom for most of the day and then went up to Marcie's for a party! We ate lots of yummy treats and had lots of laughs. I look forward to this every year.
So a couple weeks ago I got this supposedly brilliant idea that I wanted to train for a half marathon. (I know seriously?) Since distance running has been my arch enemy pretty much since elementary and Mr. Stone made us run the mile, this was a big deal. But this weekend I got to run my first 5K! Whoohoooo! In honor of Aunt Elaine Rose Johnson some of the Rose girls ran the Susan G. Komen race for the cure in Salt Lake City. It was INCREDIBLE!
We spent some time wandering around and then I headed back home. On the flight home the view was gorgeous so I tried to take some pictures but they don't do it justice. All in all it was a fantastic weekend and I can't wait until next year!