Thursday, March 4, 2010

Update! (very long)

While I was in Utah my mom took me up to the Alpine Cemetery to see my Grandma's headstone. My sweet grandma passed away in August and I hadn't had a chance to take any flowers up there yet. So we braved the rain and went up. It was beautiful! We put some pink Roses (her favorite) next to her name. We sat and talked for a while about grandma and found ourselves laughing quite a bit. (she was a hilarious and half the time she didnt even mean to be) I really miss her. My childhood is full of memories with Grandma. Her funeral was in my mind perfect. My testimony grew from the spirit that was felt there that day. I am so greatful for my knowledge of the gospel and of the plan of salvation. It is such a comfort to know that I will see her again and when I do she will be beautiful and happy and healthy and perfect. I will always miss Grandma but I feel her spirit often and I know she is not as far away as it seems.




A couple of weeks ago I was feelin a little homesick so I decided to make a quick trip to Utah to see the fam! Nick was going fishing that weekend so I thought why not? So we packed up the car and off we went. It was fun to see everyone again and the mountains too! I got to meet my new little nephew Zach ( the one place I forgot to take my camera :( He is adorable! before I left my Mom to me to Zupa's YUM! So needless to say I cured my homesickness for a while :)

Grandpa Rose and Halli playing Barbies


Kailee

Princess Halli


About a year ago my Grandpa had felt very impressed that he should finish his life history. He was feeling frustrated because it was taking longer than he wanted to so my Dad suggested that I help him out. Wow I'm I glad he did. I would go over to Grandpas house and we would sit and talk about his life and everything he wanted in his history. It was an experience I will never forget! Little by little we typed everything up and got all the pictures put together so it could be published into a book. I will forever be grateful that I could be a part of it! He is such an incredible man and has taught me so much just through his example.

Here is a picture of us with the finished product!!!!



Randi and Mason came to visit! It was so fun to have them come up for the weekend. We ( the Roses and the Summers) went to Ann Morrison Park in Boise and played frisbee golf. I know I wasn't sure what that means either but it was quite fun! It was a little chilly but warm enough! Randi and I went to see Dear John (tear) and then we had a poker night at the Summers! FUN! (Dont tell grandma tehe) Mason is getting ready to leave on a mission to Cincinnati so we were so happy to spend to extra time with him :)

Randi and Steph





















href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjRFG4dGoNkEFtEgng1J8vKc6YV790AossYT7Okc5_3tVxRBX_RNXQni1VHzXJ6Zev_9fwbsh3df7oSlwBXjVauFgajVRhBETqxfd2Fvih5TktU_d7pcpC39Vrt46L_0F5YQ5mDN4r62MM/s1600-h/IMG_0620.JPG">